Greater Mekong Subregion Cross-Border Transport Agreement – GMS CBTA Information for Myanmar-Thailand Border Crossing
• Myanmar-Thailand Agreement on Border Crossing was signed on (16.5.1997). According to the agreement, (3) Border Checkpoints were defined. Htee-Khee-Phunaron Border Checkpoint was extended on (28.8.2013) and (4) Thai Border Checkpoints were defined as International Border Checkpoints.
• International Border Checkpoints are as followed:
• Myanmar-Thai Border Crossing Agreement which is amendment from original agreement was signed on (24.6.2016).
• The above mentioned Myanmar-Thailand Border Checkpoints are allowed to enter for citizens of two countries and citizens of third countries who hold passport and visa and they are permitted to enter/ exit via at any International Entry/Exit points.
• Starting from (1.9.2016), Tachileik, Myawaddy and Kawthaung International Land Border Checkpoints are allowed to enter/exit with e-Visa.
• Citizens of two countries who are living permanently within frontier district are also allowed to enter and exit with Border Pass (BP).
• Citizens of two countries who are living permanently within Myanmar except frontier district and Myanmar Citizens who are holding the National Secrutiny card and Associated Citizen card, Naturalized Citizen Card are allowed to enter and exit with Temporary Border Pass (TBP).
• Tourist Visa for citizens from (100) countries and Business Visa for citizens from (52) countries can be applied online as e visa. Myawaddy, Tackileik and Kaw Thaung International Border Checkpoints in Myanmar-Thailand border are allowed to enter with e-visa on (1.9.2016) besides Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw International Airports.